Hello to the possible 24H in Singapore.
The Lion City never sleeps. I’m so lucky to have a chance visiting this city for several times in a year. Either for a weekend getaway, long trip, or even one day trip.
24 hours in Singapore is possible. Really possible. How could I? Let me tell you.
I loved to have an early morning flight. So, I booked the first flight in the morning then arrived in Singapore at 8am and headed up to hostel/hotel to make an early check in or only drop the luggage on the front desk. What’s next? Let’s explore.
1. Having a breakfast at Tiong Bahru Market. You can find any kind of food that your stomach want to. From Shui Kueh to Bak Chor Mee. I have a note for you, don’t eat too much because maybe you want to visit one of tiong bahru’s cafes.
Jian Bo Shui Kueh-#02-05 Tiong Bahru Market, Singapore
2. Let’s head to the museum. You can choose between National Museum of Singapore or National Gallery of Singapore. Since the National Museum of Singapore has a great architecture inside and outside, don’t forget to take a picture of that building. So majestic.
National Museum of Singapore-93 Stamford Road, Singapore
On the other side, National Gallery of Singapore was the Supreme Court and City Hall back then – so this building will tell you a nation’s story . You may catch up some art installation if you’re lucky.
National Gallery of Singapore-1 St Andrew’s Rd, Singapore
3. Head to Newton Food Centre for lunch. Try the best dishes in here! For me, Poppiah and Fishball Kway Teow Mee. Oh this is so damn good. If you can’t find one of them because they didn’t open the stall yet, maybe try the famous stingray and other seafood meal in every stall there. Seafood’s Heaven.
Soon Wah Fishball Kway Teow Mee – Unit number: #01-69, Singapore
Bee Heng Popiah – Unit number: #01-12, Singapore
4. Get the retail theraphy. Head to Bugis or Orchard. You can find anything you want and suddenly you will realized that you bring too many bags, Ooops! 🙂
ION Orchard – Orchard Road, Singapore
Haji Lane – Bugis, Singapore
5. Lau Pa Sat never goes wrong. Especially for dinner. Get the Fried Hokkien Prawn Mee or Satay and have a Tiger Beer. Wow, that’s really amazing.
Fried Hokkien Prawn Mee – Seng Kee Local Delights Lau Pa Sat, Singapore
6. Not tired leh? Catch up the Spectra. The new watershow that Marina Bay Sands offered to you. In my opinion, it’s better than the previous watershow. So, dont forget to catch the show.
Spectra Light – Marina Bay Sands Event Plaza (Along the Promenade)
7. If you feel bored to see Gardens By The Bay on the daylight, just make it for the night. All lights will up and you can see the gardens by the light. Beautiful as it is.
Supertree Grove – Garden by The Bay, Singapore
8. You have a noon flight tomorrow? Don’t go to sleep so early. Head down to the Clarke Quay or Ann Siang Hill. Let the club do the rest of the night for you. If you don’t like it, just strolling around the city area such as, Fullerton Heritage Area, Singapore River and Marina Bay Area to end your night.
Marina Bay Sands Event Plaza (Along the Promenade)
9. The next day, wake up early and explore Changi Airport. One of the best airport in the world for the five consecutive years. Having some breakfast/lunch or shopping for souvenir if you forget to buy yesterday or strolling around and find something there 🙂
So, let me know what will you do in Singapore for only 24H on the comment below and see you around.